Monday, January 15, 2007

The Doctrines of Grace

An easy way to help remember the five doctrines of grace (also known as the five points of Calvinism) is the acronym T.U.L.I.P.

T, is for Total Depravity.

U, is for Unconditional Election.

L, is for Limited Atonement.

I, is for irresistible grace.

P, is for perseverance of the Saints.

In the following posts each will be defined and discussed in detail. In James White’s book The Sovereign Grace of God, he starts the conversation of the five points of Calvinism with a discussion of God’s Sovereignty before he ever talks about the five points. I think this is wise, after all if a person doesn’t accept the sovereignty of God in the first place then everything else that follows will certainly be rejected.

So my first post in the upcoming series will be on the Sovereignty of God. Hopefully I’ll get to it sometime this week.

In Him -Jacob

P.S. I reccomend James White's book mentioned above, it can be found here: www.aomin.org.

No comments: