Monday, May 7, 2007

For the Sake of the Truth!

I recently came across this article (http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.com/article.php/1952/Janet_L_Folger) which is about the controversial bill that will give special rights to those who call themselves homosexuals. My undestanding is that the president has already threatened a veto against this bill, as well he should. The bill gives special treatment to one group of people and one alone, homosexuals. I suggest you read the above article.

Basically the gist is that if anyone says something against homosexuals or is negative in anyway, it can be considered a hate crime. For instance, if I were to preach Romans 1:26-27 with any integrity to what the text means, I could be possibly arrested. Why? Because I would tell you that "God calls homosexuality a sin." It's abnormal and contrary to the nature God created and gave to men and women. This is a form of sexual immorality, just as heterosexual sex outside of marriage is a form of sexual immorality, both equally true statements, both equally sinful, one statement would be punishable by law and one would not (if this bill were to be signed into law that is.)

In this bill, republican tried to amend it to include protection for senior citizens, people under the age of 18 and numerous other groups besides just homosexuals, but all of those amendments were voted down. Why? Because of the liberal agenda, and frankly the devils agenda, and natural mans agenda, to suppress the truth. No body is going to jail for calling Christians bigots, but if you call a homosexual a derogatory word, oh boy look out. Even more even if you are as nice as can be about the people who practice homosexuality, but still distinctively point out that their behavior is sinful, you could still be in trouble.

There is a notable shift here in America the past few years, and will become more notable as time goes by. That shift is the loss of first amendment rights for those who worship Christ and believe that He is "the way, the truth, and the life" and the only way to Heaven. The word tolerance applies to everyone else and their beliefs, but not to Christians exclusivity in their message and faith.I've heard of several instances of people being arrested here in the U.S. this past couple of years, simply for sharing there faith on the sidewalks of busy area's. There are lawsuits against pastors who stand for the gospel and the word of God. It's not getting better, it's getting worse. I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but let me join the chorus of faithful believers "You can arrest me if you want, but I will not stop preaching the word of Christ and His gospel!"

I think we are a ways off still from total persecution as many of our brothers and sisters face around the world today, and I'm no prophet, but I think we will probably start to feel that heat very soon. It could be a good thing though. After all, how many Joel Osteen type preachers would still be around if Christianity were outlawed?

-Jacob

2 comments:

Papa J said...

I just don't understand how our legislators can even begin to consider special class citizenship for a lifestyle that is brought about by choice!

I have no doubt that these sort of lifestyle choices become addictive. How foolish it would be to defend the alcholic because he has made a lifestyle choice!

If they want to know how to free themselves they need to read Isa 58:6

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

God gives us the answers. The world wants to ignore them and enshrine its sins in the pseudo legitimacy of law.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with what is stated here Jacob. I like what you said about the Joel Olsteens of the world. They are so wishy washy and really do not preach the true gospel. More like the gospel of tickle your ears. I also believe those like him would have to get off the proverbial fence if it came to serious persecution.