Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Not Going To Church

I just had to post this joke.

On a Sunday morning a mother knocks on her son's bedroom door and tells him it's time to get up and go to church. "I'm not going to church this morning," the son says. "You gotta get up and go to church", says mother. "No, I'm not." says the son. "Yes you are", says the mother. "No, I'm not, they don't like me and I don't like them." says the son. "Give me two good reasons why I have to go," says the son. "Number one, you're 55 years old and number two, you're the pastor!"

1 comment:

Gregory said...

Hey Jacob. Thanks for the comment at Wayward Heart. Just letting you know that I've not disappeared, but am just on hiatus until I'm employed (as I mentioned in my comment to you at Wayward).

But here's a joke for you, on a similar premise:

One beautiful sunny Sunday morning, a pastor looked out the window, and decided that it was too good a day not to go golfing. The temptation was too great for him, and he called the associate pastor and said he was really sick, and couldn't do the service that day, would he mind covering? The associate pastor agreed and assured the pastor of the church's prayers for him. The pastor then drove four hours away so that when he was golfing, there would be no one around who would know him and realise that he was skipping church.

Up in Heaven, Michael the Archangel informed God of this, saying, "Lord, look what Your servant is doing down there! Surely You aren't going to let him get away with that!"

God looked down, and said, "No, I'm not."

Back down on the golf course, the pastor teed off on the first hole, and drove the ball clear down the fairway. It landed within 5 feet of the hole, bounced once, and rolled the rest of the way, right into the hole! The pastor exulted in his good luck, but Michael was horrified!

"God," he said, "I thought You were going to punish him, and yet Your servant is having the best game of golf in his life!"

"I am punishing him," God said. "Think about it. Who's he going to tell?"

God bless!